![]() |
| Photo by Alyzah K on Unsplash |
Here in opulent splendor I lie
On such a wonderful, lavish nest
That no mortal shall from me wrest
Though a thousand heroes dare try
For did they gather up this treasure dear?
Did they hunt down each precious book?
Scour through libraries or Dead Sea nooks?
Or wait patiently for a new release each year?
No! T’was I that braved the world
I that raided pyramids and monasteries
And infiltrated Alexandria’s Great Library
So on my scrolls and books I’ll stay curled
Now I patiently order my prizes online
E-books, audio, hardbacks; they’re all mine.
Written for dVerse.

My heart fluttered in admired compatible emotion. 👏💕
ReplyDeleteOh, that opening stanza! Love your dragon poem!
ReplyDeleteI love that you used the old word for dragon, ‘wyrm’, and wrote about a ‘Bookwyrm’ from its point of view, as the narrator of your poem. The setting of a ‘wonderful, lavish nest’ is perfect, full of precious books. I wonder if Björn’s Ancient Librarian knows your dragon. The ending made me chuckle. I am a bookwyrm too!
ReplyDeleteThey have a few things in common... my librarian is more a hoarder of books than a librarian that will let you read the books.
DeleteThat is really a very greedy librarian... no visitors welcom
ReplyDeleteEpic. The final turn was not expected, as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious hoard of treasure! I can relate to desiring these.
ReplyDeleteI like your point of view in this.
ReplyDelete