Thursday, December 29, 2011

Of Shoes and Hearts

shared with dVerse

A silver shoe abandoned on the stair
A token to be followed through the night
Single shoe and lonely heart each pining for its pair
A silver shoe abandoned on the stair
Once the mate was found - there
Two broken hearts would heal and reunite
A sliver shoe abandoned on the stair
A token to be followed through the night


7 comments:

  1. The form you used here works very well. The repetition adds poignancy to the lines. I like this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. After I saw your Solstice Triolet,I wanted to try one. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely executed triolet and I love the metaphoric nature of your poem...and I couldn't help but wonder how the shoe happened to be abandoned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinderella didn't have time to go back for it. At least it gave the Prince a clue.

      Delete
  4. nice...well done to form....and you garner emotion through imagery very well with this...i feel bad for the shoe....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute poem, actually. I don't see any allusions but I enjoyed the form and how it is used in this sweet message.

    ReplyDelete