Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fairy Garden
















shared with dVerse

Today I found a fairy realm
It’s almost too small to glimpse
I’ve marked out the country’s borders
Searching the garden’s every inch
From wood porch to coriander

Today I found a fairy realm
Underneath Rosella Purple
Tiny roads through the pumpkin patch
Hidden in the garden leaves
Wee houses made with fennel thatch

Today I found a fairy realm
The navy’s in the lily pond
A palace in the collard greens
With soaring flags of silverwhites
I hope someday I’ll meet the queen!

Today I found a fairy realm
Where tiny markets sell rhubarb seeds
Walnut mugs, and bright blue bonnets
From early morn until the eve
When lamps with dragonflies are lit

Today I found a fairy realm
I just can’t tear myself away
Amid the green there’s so much to see
One question leaves me wondering
When ever shall they find me?




Rosella Purple is a tomato.
Silverwhites are garlic. 

17 comments:

  1. Oh how charming this is. I look at my garden the same way...bees butterflies, night grazing bunnies - fantastic beasts all of them. The rythm and rhyme reads like a nursery rhyme but full of so much more. Walnut mugs..love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how charming this is. I look at my garden the same way...bees butterflies, night grazing bunnies - fantastic beasts all of them. The rythm and rhyme reads like a nursery rhyme but full of so much more. Walnut mugs..love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to get lost there ~ I specially adore this part:

    Today I found a fairy realm
    Where tiny markets sell rhubarb seeds
    Walnut mugs, and bright blue bonnets
    From early morn until the eve
    When lamps with dragonflies are lit

    A charming poem, thanks ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the fairy realm in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairies! And who would want to tear themselves away

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical! I wanted to dive into your poemand visit those Fairey realms too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so truly magical, I love to dive into a garden like that, to get lost, but I love the sadness of never being found by them..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this, especially these lines:
    "Tiny roads through the pumpkin patch
    Hidden in the garden leaves
    Wee houses made with fennel thatch"
    When my grandchildren were younger, (they're 7 and 9 now) they used to build fairy houses in their yards. The rules were you could only use natural materials and not pick anything living. So you could not pick a growing rose but you could pick up its fallen petals. They would gather twigs, stones, leaves, flower petals; make stairs from acorns and little pebbles. And then they would go back in the mornings to see if anything had moved. And of course, most mornings some things had moved -- from the fairies coming to live there of course; not from the wind or a wandering squirrel!
    Lovely poem to read this morning over my morning coffee! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a whole lot of charm in your verse :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Fairy poetry!!! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the whimsy of this. Every year when I clean out the garden at the end of autumn I wonder if I'm messing with the fairies--I've written of this, too! Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! I love the picture of the tiny markets selling rhubarb seeds. I could just picture it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we'be been transported to a wonderful realm, the fairy queen's in there somewhere. Make sure you wash the veggies before you eat them. She could be in one

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the repetition of "today I found a fairy realm" and the imagery of the "walnut mugs and blue bonnets and "Tiny roads to the pumpkin patch" I am envisioning a hidden village of little legs working madly"

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the whimsy of this and the repeating line. Fairy poetry, walnut mugs...this is such a charming and magical poem. I want to visit this place!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the whimsy of this and the repeating line. Fairy poetry, walnut mugs...this is such a charming and magical poem. I want to visit this place!

    ReplyDelete