Wednesday, January 29, 2025

Wading

Photo by Pascal Bernardon on Unsplash







She walks where waterlilies bloomed
Nearby the hanging boughs of yellow leaves
Lift on the breeze before falling doomed
Rippling where the watered mirror receives

Anything it can from the open air’s open hand
Here she removes two well worn shoes
Paying sure tribute from the upper land
And wades where e’re she’ll choose

 

dVerse challenge using these words in order near – can – remove – sure

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem! You used the words perfectly!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    http://yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Silver Gardenia, I haven’t seen you here for a while. I love the way you explore wading using the prompt words, especially ‘near’ in ‘nearby the hanging boughs of yellow leaves’ – such a bright splash of colour too. I also love the movement in ‘rippling where the watered mirror receives’.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The opening line is beautiful and sets the mood for the rest of the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me forget my wet feet when wading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty verse that must be read slowly, to savor. Love that pond image also.

    ReplyDelete