Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Catching the Train

Photo by Derek Story on Unsplash

 

It might seem an easy commute
But, if I may, I beg to offer refute
Though the train is always waiting
The station is often dissipating
Though I travel no further than my mind
The station can be difficult to find!
Sometimes there in the garden it lies
Bright and scintillating; an easy prize
At other times it remains invisible
Rending my efforts to spot it risible.
For sometimes it lurks at the hardware store
Or out of sight in an old stubborn drawer
I glimpsed it once atop a falling feather
But rumble away in sunnier weather
And yet, just when I’ve given up
It alights on the rim of a buttercup
I do not hesitate when I meet the station
Indeed, I leap into the train of imagination!

 

 

Written for dVerse

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. What a great take on the prompt! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love where your imagination ... this 'ride' on a train!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting..the train of imagination...in classical verse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. An enchanting ride on your train if imagination! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that train of imagination. And this part is delightful: rim of the buttercup.

    ReplyDelete