Monday, January 22, 2024

Smidgen

Photo by Ellie Ellien on Unsplash

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Something’s in the kitchen
A little bit of this and a little bit of that
Fragrant and inviting
A splash of this and a dash of that
Honeyed and sweet
A pinch of this and a smidgen of that
Makes everything come out right

 

 

Written for dVerse.

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Smidgen is a favourite word of mine and, not having had my breakfast yet, my appetite has been whetted by your quadrille! I like the subtle repetition and internal rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such is cooking... you need to do it by taste...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You play it by the taste, I say. A bit of this and that, makes it right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that's how I cook! The repetition and rhyme works so well -- cleverly done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun words here! I know this is how true chefs make magic, but the art of it escapes me. I need specifics. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the way I cook--and now I'm hungry! 🙂

    ReplyDelete