Friday, March 20, 2015

Up Jumps Spring

for dVerse

White crystals form a ragged blanket
Drip, dripping into holes
Moistening the dirt beneath
Snow unravels; loosing silver threads

And up jumps Spring!
Pop, pop, pop!
Green starts exploding
Pushing past the heavy earth

Stems and leaves racing up
Spreading color in profusion
Crocus wins, first in bloom
Cupped petals balanced on the green

Striped tulips tumble in the breeze
Golden daffodils light up the garden beds
Tight hyacinth buds burst open
Filling the air with sweet Spring smells

Oh Spring is here!
Sing it out: Spring’s returned
Dance while the earth leaps up
Rejoice!




11 comments:

  1. Yes, this caught the transition from winter to spring :) nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Snow unravels; loosing silver threads"-- So gorgeous. Beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this was just true.. today the snow returned after a week of spring.. but I guess it''s what happens..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with bwfiction. I especially liked "green starts exploding Pushing past the heavy earth" - a new way for me to look at things, thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your title had me smiling...and it only got better from there. If anything can get me excited and active, it is the "up-jumping" of spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring does jump up at us, doesn't it. "Happy" verbs in this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course with a name like Silver Gardenia you'd write a fun, exciting spring poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Simply Beautiful! So happy spring is here. And I love that you point out the crocuses win, blooming first. I just wish they stayed around a little longer. This made me smile. Peace, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring springs into motion with all its glory. You captured it well with the garden verbs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful write... I'm HYPED that spring is finally here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jumping spring sings high of Winter's freest green locked low.. and far away.. the signs of life are high in life.. when green returns its song.. of life..:)

    ReplyDelete